VISA Requirements to Study Italian in Italy
Information Regarding a Student VISA in Italy
Parola Italian language school provides information and assistance with VISA requirements in Italy for the purpose of studying Italian. Our language institute provides the certification that is necessary to request a student VISA at the embassy in the student’s home country. The Student Visa can be issued for a period of time from 90 – 360 days for the purpose of studying Italian in Italy.
Non-European Union students who would like to remain in Italy longer than 3 months to learn Italian must inquire with the embassy or Italian consulate in their home countries for clarification.
What to Know Before Requesting a Student VISA
Each nation has its own rules concerning the Study VISA issuance process; therefore, it is essential that the student obtain information directly from the embassy of their own country before requesting the certification from Parola school.
For students attending Italian language courses at Parola language school, our institute can help lessen the bureaucratic process to get the study VISA needed for an extended stay in Italy.
Study Requirements for the Student VISA
For purpose of the STUDY VISA, students at Parola school MUST:
- Follow an obligatory attendance policy for the Italian lessons at the school
- Enroll in at least 20 hours of language instruction per week
- Provide payment for the language course to be completed in the same year
All of the information regarding acquisition of a Study VISA has been thoroughly investigated by Parola Italian language school; however, the rules to obtain the Permit of Stay in Italy are subject to frequent changes.
We strive to keep the information current and up to date, but Parola can not be responsible if the information regarding the VISA acquisition process changes.
Students Who do NOT Require a VISA to Study in Italy
The citizens of the following countries do not need a passport or “permit to stay” to remain in Italy longer than 3 months for study. For further information about VISA, see the VISA rules for some major countries in the world.
These students must simply present an alternative document of identification:
- San Marin
- Czech Republic
Documents and Requirements for the Student VISA application
The following are the standard documents needed to request a student VISA in Italy:
- Completed VISA application form
- 1 Passport-size photograph
- At least 1 entirely-blank page available in the student’s valid passport
- Declaration of sufficient funds to cover the entire stay in Italy
Additional Documents Required for the student VISA:
- Proof of medical insurance covering the entire length of stay in Italy
- Letter from an Italian educational institution addressed to the Italian Consulate General of the student’s home country confirming enrollment in the language program
- Letter of certification from the educational institution confirming the school’s credentials and outlining the details of the language course including the basic grammar programs
- Certification of payment in full for the language program to the educational institution
- Proof of accommodation of the student’s lodging including local address in ItalyNote: Presentation of the requested documents does not ensure the student VISA for Italy will be granted. The final decision is made solely by the consulate of the student’s home country and depends upon many other factors such as frequency of visits in the country, type of educational program, as well as form of payment and so on.
Time to Issue the Student VISA for Italy
The time required to issue a VISA to study in Italy varies from a few days to several weeks depending on the country of origin. Please inquire directly to the Consulate in your home country.
Other Source for VISA information
Please, You can also read this website, which contains exhaustive information on the VISA rules in Europe: http://www.schengenvisainfo.com/italy-visa/
Further Information On Acquiring a Visa for Study in Italy
Please, contact Parola Italian language school in Florence for further information on obtaining the “Permit to Stay” to study at our Italian language school in Italy.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL NETWORK